Hello I hope everyone is having a good week and eating lots of delicious vegan food. Now it is a well known myth that being a vegan is expensive this however is not true, you just need to be willing to try and spend time preparing food in the kitchen. I have heard so many people say it’s too expensive to eat healthy meals and this is not at all true, I wanted to prove this by showing how many delicious healthy meals I could make with £10 spent in Asda. Now I would always recommended to buy organic produce where possible however for this I Haven’t as I wanted to really get value for money. For anyone outside of the UK reading this ASDA is a cheap supermarket and is the USA equivalent to WallMart. Below is all the food i bought for £10.
Ok I spent £10 on all of this food and I’m going to list the healthy vegan meals I made below for anyone who still doesn’t believe you can still be healthy on a budget!
This meal is super simple and there are enough ingredients to make 2 portions. The method is below:
- Peel and slice the sweet potato cover in olive oil and cook in a preheated oven for 30 minutes until soft.
- Drain chick peas add paprika salt an pepper and lightly roast in a pan with a small amount of olive oil.
- Wash the kale and cook in a very small amount of water for around 2 minutes.
- Wash a slice mushrooms lightly fry in a small amount of olive oil.
- Cook tenderstem broccoli in a small amount of water and allow all the water to evaporate.
- Place all foods in a bowl and sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional).
For these BBQ cauliflower naked tacos you need
large romaine lettuce leaves
- wash lettuce and separate shake to dry and leave on counter. Grate carrots salt add pepper. Chop cauliflower and cover in BBQ sauce, place in the oven for half hour and allow to cook for around 30 minutes.
- Cook chickpeas with a small amount of olive oil and mixed herbs if you can add a small amount coconut milk, continue to cook. Chop spring onions and mash avocado, place on lettuce leaves and top with vegan sauce.
Here we have a delicious bowl of roast potatoes cooked in the oven with olive oil and rosemary not suggesting you eat this many but they do make a delicious snack.
Another meal that I made was raw spiralized veggie noodles there were incredible and I had enough for at least 2 people.
Yummy rainbow noodles
- Spiralise carrots and cucumber
- Season with salt pepper olive oil and chilli flakes, as an option you can also add chilli flakes.
- In a small amount of coconut oil cook the beans until soft for around 5 minutes.
- Cook broccoli and kale in a very small amount of water add all the ingredients to the bowl and top with seasme seeds.