Good morning beautiful people who is ready for mothers day? My mum is in USA while i’m in the UK so I am going to virtually celebrate, but if you can physically see your mum why not bake her this perfect treat. Show your mum just how grateful you are by making her this scrumptious treat made with love. This cake has the perfect sugar rush to satisfying your cravings. It’s frosted with a combination of coconut yogurt so it’s still nice and healthy and will leave you feeling fresh and light.
for this yummy mother’s day treat you will need:
350g self raising flour
300g brown sugar
350g vegan butter
4 tablespoons soy yoghurt
50g coconut yoghurt
fresh fruit to decorate
500g icing sugar
2500g vegan butter
- Ok now let’s get cooking.. Preheat your oven at 180 degrees gas mark 4 and line your silicone cake tin with greaseproof paper. In a large mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar with a electric whisk, do this until it’s until smooth and creamy. When it’s nice and fluffy combine the 4 tablespoons of soy yoghurt and flour mix it all together and divide evenly between the two cake tins.
- Lets bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes until golden brown and risen. I always test using a knife in the middle and if it comes out clean then i know its fully cooked.
- Now the cakes all nice and cooked it’s time to let it cool down cool. While the cake is cooling lets make some delicious buttercream icing. Beat together icing sugar butter and food colouring and put in the fridge to make it nice and thick.
- Now the cake is fully cooled it’s coolio to ice the cake. Carefully place the cakes on a plate and slice off the risen part to keep it nice and straight.
- Stick the 2 cakes together using butter cream icing and cover both cakes in coconut yoghurt. Pipe around the middle using a piping bag to make it look super pretty and connect the 2 cakes. Finally top with fresh fruit and wow you have created a beautiful mother’s day treat the perfect way to show you Mum just how much she really means to you.