Heyyy I can’t believe it but it’s already approaching that time of year again… The time to show your loved ones just how much they mean to you. Now lets be real we should show people we love them every day and not save it for once a year but it is the perfect excuse to shower love everywhere. There are so many different ways to show love and the best way is to do something from the heart. These biscuits are the perfect way to show love and this recipe is made with love so these yummy treats make the perfect gift.
50g light brown sugar
200g plain flour
150g dairy free margarine
heart cookie cutter
grease proof paper
to decorate you will need
red food colouring
- Preheat the oven at gas mark 5. Let’s make this super easy and use a high speed food processor. Put the sugar and butter in the high speed food processor blitz until combined. Add flour and combine the mixture it/s going to be a little crumbly and that’s ok.
- Put the mixture on a work surface and knead the dough together so its able to be rolled out using a rolling pin. Leave the dough in the fridge for half an hour so it is going to be more malleable to cut using the cookie cutter.
- Roll out the dough using the rolling pin and use cookie cutters to make heart shapes, aww I bet they look super cute. Bake in the oven for 15/20 minutes until pale golden brown. Put on the side and wait for them to cool.
- While you are waiting lets stay busy and roll out the fondant icing. You need to add a couple of drops of food colouring to the icing and blend it with your hands, this will take a while
- Use a smaller cookie cutter and cut out heart shapes add a tiny little bit of water to the bottom using your finger this will allow them to stick onto the cookie, Repeat to all the bookies. Now you have the perfect valentines gift made with love for that special someone to show just how much they mean to you. Awww so cute, enjoy and happy valentines.