Hi I hope you are having a lovely day. Burritos bowls are one of my favourite foods I love them sooo much I honestly feel I could almost live on beans and avocado. Today I’m going to share my recipe of how I make the perfect burrito bowl. My one piece of advice before we start is to make sure your avocados are lovely and ripe so they feel a little soft this is going to ensure the perfect guacamole.
Spending time in Florida I was able to try a variety of delicious burritos, for me it’s alway about the refried beans and guacamole. The avocado needs to be creamy and soft and the refried beans nice and smooth. I have combined my favourite ingredients to share my Mexican style burrito bowl recipe. I really hope you enjoy it.
Now I only recently discovered how to make the perfect refried beans and the secret is to use pinto beans. These are grown in Mexico and the USA they have a good amount of thiamine iron and magnesium.
2 tins of pinto beans
1 tin black beans
1/4 purple cabbage
1 small pack red cherry tomatoes
- The first thing I do is to drain the pinto beans but still leave some water then and add to a pan and cook on a low heat for 10 minutes, add salt and pepper. when the beans seem soft use a potato masher and mash the beans add some vegan butter and leave to sit.
- Next we will make guacamole, so we take the stone out of the avocado and then add then mash all the avocados up we will squeeze in the juice of 2 limes add some salt and sprinkle with chilli flakes.
3. To make a simple delicious salsa we will chop up the red onion add some salt pepper and olive oil. We then chop our tomatoes add these to the onion and combine lime juice and chopped coriander.
I love beans so I have also used black beans for this recipe. They are tinned so super simple to cook, all I have done for this recipe is just heat in a pan add salt pepper and olive oil.
4. Rice is another essential ingredient in a burrito bowl, literally Wash and cook your rice season with mixed herbs and coriander and it is good to go.
5. Finally we are going to make a salad. Take your carrots and grate this can be done using a small grater and repeat using the cabbage just add lime juice olive oil and salt and hey presto you have a delicious burrito bowl, yummy!