Well hello!!! Today for the first time I bought dairy free vegan cheese and it was even better than I could possibly imagine. I was slightly apprehensive as I have heard mixed reviews about vegan cheese, however this one was definitely a keeper. It proves it really is that easy to go vegan and cut out diary altogether. Due to my excitement I decided to make a vegan pasta bake the recipe is as follows 🙂
150g gluten free maize and rice pasta
1 small sweet pre- baked sweet potato
3 table spoons or gluten free plain white flour
1 small bunch of rosemary
1 sweet red pepper
2 spring onions
salt and pepper
a small glass of almond milk
half a packet dairy free cheese
This recipe is seriously moreish, but as it’s gluten free and also guilt free it will leave you feeling as light as a feather unlike other traditional pasta dishes.
- Begin by boiling a large saucepan of water and add sea salt. When the water come to the boil add the pasta leave to cook for 20 minutes.
- Finely chop your spring onions and pepper lightly fry them using olive oil and stir in your chopped rosemary when these are fried leave to sit.
- In a large sauce pan add olive oil and a table spoon of flour. Using a silver spoon mix very quickly and add almond milk and flour. Continue to mix and add small amounts of flour. Make sure no lumps appear and continue doing this until a sauce has formed.
- Grate you vegan cheese and add 3 quarters into the sauce mixture, stir to ensure no lumps form.
- Spoon out the mixture from your baked sweet and add it to the spring onions and pepper, mix to form a type of smooth paste and then add to your cheese sauce.
- When the pasta is soft drain and cover in the cheesy sauce mixture.
- Pour into a baking dish, sprinkle with bread crumbs and cover with the remaining grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven for around 10 minutes, serve and enjoy.